September 02, 2026

Biodegradable Pigeon Towers in the Netherlands

pigeon tower

information

materials

26 comments:

  1. Well, that was a really fun read into pigeon towers and the biodegradable ones made out of mycelia. I am trying to imagine what it is like to eat pigeon - I guess I am glad that we have root vegetables!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jerry: Yes, we just happened upon this display while exploring Amsterdam near a community garden. I found the history of the pigeon towers and this new construction fascinating. I guess I eat chicken and turkey, so I'd probably eat pigeons if I was hungry enough. They are cute little birds, though.

      Delete
  2. Interesting, I had never heard of biodegradable dovecotes before.
    Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a new concept for me, too. The construction, functionality, and concept intrigued me.

      Delete
  3. Such an interesting concept — biodegradable pigeon towers made from natural materials. A thoughtful mix of ecology and design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so, too. I was unfamiliar with the concept, and it was interesting to learn about it!

      Delete
  4. I did not know this possibility. Interesting!
    Happy WW and a fine week!❤️😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzana: I wasn't familiar with it either. I hope you're having a wonderful week, too!

      Delete
  5. Brilliant. Love this.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandee: The WW blog hop is fun--learning new things from people around the world through simple photos. :)

      Delete
  6. Wow, I had no idea mycelium pigeon towers were a thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was surprised too! It seems like there might be other, related applications for mycelium garden projects, as well.

      Delete
  7. Wow! Good share. That's amazing. #WordlessWednesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ostras, es genial. Saludos desde España

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola. Sí, fue muy fascinante. Disculpe mi pobre español.

      Delete
  9. What, wow this is amazing! I had no idea, great topic to post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it really captured my attention! The community garden was fun, too. I should have spent more time there, but...so much to see!

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Agreed. I wasn't sure what it was until I read the signs. Fortunately, they were translated to English, as well. And then doing a little research into the history made it a little clearer for me. :)

      Delete
  11. Netherlands! cool, looking forward to hearing more about your travels :) [if you get multiple copies of this, sorry! something wasn't working earlier]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hollis: It was a wonderful trip. So much to share, but very limited exposure to formal gardens. Re: the comment, apparently Blogger was having some issues with comments during the past few days, but they appear to be resolved.

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Yes, this was an entirely new concept for me. It seems like a great, sustainable idea.

      Delete
  13. This is fascinating, Beth! I've been to Amsterdam several times and visited some community gardens, but haven't seen these pigeon towers--thanks for sharing this. Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tina: I'd love to hear more about your trips to Amsterdam. It certainly was an interesting place--somewhat different than I'd imagined. :)

      Delete

DEAR ANONYMOUS VISITORS: Please include your FIRST NAME. We need to know you're a real person. Security updates mean your comments likely will NOT be published unless you include your name. Sorry. Also, comments with hyperlinks might not make it through the heightened security system.

Other options: Click on the arrow next to "Anonymous" and choose either "Google Account" or "Name/URL"...

Your comment might not appear right away (even though we love you). PlantPostings uses comment moderation, and we read every comment before we publish.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great gardening day!