Lewis Nine Springs E-Way, July 23, 2026
"A Letter From Mother Nature," by Bud Morton
Partly cloudy, light breeze, 78F
Pollinators aplenty
Peak summer display
Swaths of blooming native plants
THE OVERVIEW
"Summer Guitar," by Amaksi
DEAR ANONYMOUS VISITORS: Please include your FIRST NAME. We need to know you're a real person. Security updates mean your comments likely will NOT be published unless you include your name. Sorry. Also, comments with hyperlinks might not make it through the heightened security system.
Other options: Click on the arrow next to "Anonymous" and choose either "Google Account" or "Name/URL"...
Your comment might not appear right away (even though we love you). PlantPostings uses comment moderation, and we read every comment before we publish.
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great gardening day!
Happy Wordless Wednesday! It’s true — the quiet, hidden elements of nature often carry the most beauty. I’m happy this little scene invited you to pause and look a bit closer.
ReplyDeleteHi Carmen: While I was at this favorite location, I was amazed by the beauty of that particular day. I wish friends could have been with me to see it. Of course, the photos don't do it justice, but they give a snapshot. Thanks for stopping by! <3
DeleteLove all the flowers and love that beautiful bee. My favorite shot.
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.
Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday, Beth. ♥
Thanks, Sandee. :) There were many more bees and many more butterflies. I was actually there to do a butterfly survey, but the swaths of blooming native plants took my breath away. Truly a special place on a special day. Thanks for hosting WW!
DeleteLovely scenery, Beth! Thanks for identifying the eight-spotted forester, as I'd never have been able to ID it on my own!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Kris! I didn't know what it was when I first saw it myself. Actually, several of them were flying frantically together (mating? playing?) and I had to wait quite a while to capture them when they landed. Magical creatures. And I used the Seek app to ID them, and then confirmed with other sources.
DeleteWhat an amazing place! I love it all, especially the butterflies. I see so few.
ReplyDeleteLisa: It truly is a special place--in all seasons, but some days are magical. I saw at least 75 butterflies that day, and I'm sure there were many more. I stopped counting the monarchs and the cabbage whites at 20 apiece. Great place for a butterfly survey!
DeleteStunning photos. Love them.
ReplyDeleteThank you. The prairie full of blooming native plants was so lovely that day!
DeleteOh wow! Thank you for sharing these lovely captures of the beautiful summer blooms and pollinators. Your photos are a delight!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your kind words, and for stopping by. I wish I could share the actual 360 views: The prairie was stunning that day!
DeleteI love your perfect day. So many beauties around
ReplyDeleteus. I'll never understand why the world is so imperfect...
Happy Today and always!🥰❤️
Hi Suzana: My day, including the visit to the prairie, was so perfect. But the world and local and broader happenings were difficult. So I decided to stay wordless for the post. Happy today and always to you!
DeleteWhat a wonderful photo collection, Beth! Nothing beats a peaceful walk surrounded by native blooms and pollinators to brighten the day.
ReplyDeleteThank you! Yes, so true! It was beautiful beyond words, and I only wish I had taken a few friends along to see it. I was doing a butterfly survey, but I wished afterward that others had been with me to enjoy it. :)
DeleteNow that is a beautiful prairie setting. It's amazing to see the diversity of plants that grow there. Inspirational!
ReplyDeleteHi Jerry: Yes, the peak summer prairie bloom is always amazing here, but that particular day it was stunning. I was by myself, but I wished I could have shared it with other plant fans, like the Fling crowd. :)
DeleteWhat a joyful post. A walk around like that is what every soul needs.
ReplyDeleteThanks. :) So true. It was a lovely day that I doubt I'll forget.
DeleteThank you, all the photos are beautiful. Getting outside has been my way of survival in this imperfect world, so much crazy.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the prayers for our Sam.
Carla
Hi Carla: Yes, continue prayers for Sam and you and the rest of your family. Crazy world, indeed, but little snippets of joy make it bearable and sometimes even wonderful. ❤
DeleteWhat a diversity of flowers and I'm sure insects. I can almost hear the gentle breeze and birdsong and crickets. Thanks for showing these places still exist!
ReplyDeleteHi Frank: It was one of those days. I've been to this place many times over the years, but I've never seen it so stunningly beautiful. I think the drought didn't affect the plants much because the E-Way is near the lake and partially located in a wetland. Plus, most of the prairie plants have deep roots. And because of the lack of heavy rains, so many of the flowers still had their petals and were growing tall. Hard to describe...
DeleteHeaven!
ReplyDeleteYes, close to my idea of it, too. :) It was kind of an accidental encounter, because I'd originally planned to go to a different location for a butterfly survey. When I arrived at the E-Way, the swaths of healthy, blooming native plants took my breath away!
Delete