December 30, 2010

New year, new friends

A plant enjoyed alone is lovely. A lovely plant shared with a friend creates a pleasant memory. A pleasant memory of a plant-loving friend is priceless.


I’m sure someone has said this or something like it in the past. But I just recorded it in the words I’ve been thinking about all day. When I started this blog, I didn’t realize how much joy it would bring. Not just from the blogging, but also through interaction with fellow gardeners.


As I look ahead to 2011, I do so with hopeful anticipation. And a good portion of it is due to the new plant-loving, pleasant, lovely friends I’ve made through garden blogging. I’ve always known that gardeners are generous people. But I had no idea how many great people I’d meet through Blotanical and Good Garden Ideas and through reading and commenting on fellow bloggers’ posts.

It’s interesting, actually, how most of our blogs are not about people at all, but about our garden successes, failures, and tips and tricks. But it’s the sharing of these that makes the gardening and the blogging so very rewarding.


My wish for all gardening friends, near and far, is that you have a satisfying, successful 2011, full of lovely, pleasant gardening moments and priceless memories with plant-loving friends. Happy New Year!

11 comments:

  1. So true! When I started blogging I never imagined how enriched I would be by other bloggers and their comments. I love the learning and the sharing. Good to be on the journey with you, look forward to 2011 in your company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tomorrow's post has a link to the dropcaps lady. I love them so, I used a bunch to write - Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Janet: Thanks for your kind comments and excellent posts!
    @Diana: I will definitely check out tomorrow's post!
    It will be interesting to see how everyone's gardens change during all the seasons. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year 2011! As I type this, we are 11 hrs into 1.1.11. Looking forward to your wonderful posts throught the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful garden! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year! I agree, it is a joy to meet other gardeners through their blogs. I learn so much from the garden posts. I look forward to a new garden season and more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great wish. I hope you have a terrific New Year too. Blogging is amazing in how connected it makes you feel via the computer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely wish you extended to all. You are so right how rewarding blogging is and how many friends you can make worldwide. Best of wishes to all in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, all. Happy gardening and blogging in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very Nice photography! I don't think the 'raccoon' snow print is a 'raccoon.'
    Their prints look like little hands. Happy Blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Dawn: I'm thinking they might be squirrels? What do you think?

    ReplyDelete