For this Six on Saturday, on the eve of the Summer Solstice, I plopped some flowers in teacups. I have a little collection, and they seemed appropriate vessels for the day.
While five are filled with Roses, this teacup showcases a 'Lollipop' Lily (Lilium hybrid), just starting to bloom.
Next, I included the hope of things to come, with buds from the Prairie Rose (Rosa setigera).
This unknown, bright pink Rose (it was here when we moved in and unmarked) seems to deserve a ring of gold.
The reliable 'At Last' Rose (Rosa x) is a lovely bloomer and has an amazing scent.
'Oso Easy' Double Pink (Rosa x) has a cute little garden personality.
Finally, Fred's 'Sweet Mary,' hybridized by my great-grandfather, is a fragile bloom with a very pleasant, sweet scent.
That's it for my "six" this week. Thanks to Jim at Garden Ruminations for hosting! Happy summer!
It’s so beautifully presented! Bravo to you for the styling and presentation of this week’s six things.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Fred! It was fun to line up the flowers with the teacups. I realized how much I enjoy both--the combination was especially pleasant. :)
DeleteThis is so sweet, I like how you dedicated the flower to the cup. Where did you get all the teacups?
ReplyDeleteThanks! I have a small collection of teacups (from relatives and in-laws), and I realized if I'm going to collect anything going forward I'd like it to be teacups. They're all so pretty!
DeleteThe teacups are wonderful for floating flowers! I think my favorite is your grandfather's rose. I love the delicate pink
ReplyDeleteHi Elizabeth: I need to use the teacups more often for this purpose. They're all so lovely, and it's a waste to simply keep them in the curio. They deserve a special display sometimes. :)
DeleteSo beautifully displayed, the cups are charming!
ReplyDeleteUgh, Beth, it's Tina. I forgot to type my name!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Tina. The blooms and the teacups are good companions. :) (I wish Blogger had better options for sign-ins. This happens to me, too, on other blogs. Thanks for your persistence!)
DeleteNow that's my kind of tea party!
ReplyDeleteYes, it was great fun, Kris! I realized I want more teacups. Time to add to my little collection. :)
DeleteI have teacups like that from my grandmother and almost could have duplicated this. Perhaps a challenge?
ReplyDeleteI think that would be a good challenge for anyone. :) Most of the teacups I have are from my husband's and my own grandmas. The teacups are special keepsakes.
DeleteHow lovely!! Those roses are stunning, and I love the idea of presenting them in teacups.
ReplyDeleteHi Kathrin: It seemed like a natural combination for this particular time of year. The teacups are so lovely, and the Roses bloom for such a short time.
DeleteHi, I love how they look in the tea cups. It adds to the beauty of both the flower and the tea cup.
ReplyDeletexo
Hi Carla: Yes, I think I need to do this more often...and acquire more teacups. 😉
DeleteWhat a nice collection of teacups and flowers!
ReplyDeleteThe teacups are so fragile and beautiful. And they were from grandmas, so I truly cherish them.
Delete