I had good intentions. The days are longer, the snow is melting, and I thought maybe, just maybe, I could get home from work in time to capture shots of emerging perennials. Two errands later, and after wading through lingering snow and muddy muck, I didn’t have the heart to remove the Oak leaf mulch protecting tender perennial shoots from the elements.
But, as fog and darkness descended on the garden, I did notice three amazingly hardy evergreen groundcovers seemingly unaffected by the harsh receding winter.
I know other perennials will soon poke through, but for now I’m appreciating the evergreens that make their appearance as soon as the great winter blanket lifts away.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
On another note, I’m deeply honored to receive the Stylish Blogger Award from Rosie at My Garden Haven, Karin at Southern Meadows, and Lily at The Suburban Gardener. Thanks, Stylish Bloggers!
In accepting this award, I must:
1. Link back to the person who gave me the award.
2. Share seven random things about myself.
3. Award 15 recently discovered bloggers.
4. Drop them a note and tell them about it.
While I’m a fan of many blogs and bloggers, I’m trying to stick to the rules by selecting new blogs (I think these are all newish blogs). This list does not include all of my favorites, but these folks are definitely worth visiting:
OK, finally seven random things about me:
1. I have two cats (Ginger and Oreo), who drive me crazy, but they’re so cute:
2. Most of my recent ancestors were farmers. I’ve been a “townie” my entire life, but dirt-digging is in my genes.
3. I’m not a fan of long winters. Why do I live in
? Family and friends…and lots of time to read great books. Wisconsin
4. I’ve gardened in patio pots, large sunny plots, and dappled sunny spots. The most challenging gardening for me is deep shade.
5. My ideal day: temps in the low 80s, floating on a clear lake, soaking up the summer sun, one cold beer, and a dish of ice cream.
6. I have two amazing kids: a son in college and a daughter who will graduate from high school this spring. I will need Kleenex.
7. My best friend is my dear husband of nearly 27 years. I know I can always count on his support.